Softaculous is a great Auto Installer having 281 great scripts, 1001 PHP Classes and still adding more.
- WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability.
WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time. More simply, WordPress is what you use when you want to work with your blogging software, not fight it.
- Nucleus CMS is a flexible and easy to install content management system, aka blog software.
It helps you to publish a website and lets writers do what they are best at: writing items or articles, without having to worry about formatting and markup.
- PageCookery is the first public offering of single-user version of the open source microblogging program.
PHP and MySQL based software offers the best in safety, security and efficiency.
- Drupal 6 is an open-source platform and content management system for building dynamic web sites.
It offers a broad range of features and services including user administration, publishing workflow, discussion capabilities, news aggregation, metadata functionalisties using controlled vocabularies and XML publishing for content sharing purposes.
- Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS).
It enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
- PyroCMS is an open source, object oriented content management system built using PHP5 and CodeIgniter.
PyroCMS is easy to use, looks great and uses some smart caching to keep everything running smoothly. It can be easily extended with Modules, Widgets, and Plugins which are easy to make; and it can be customized with Themes, which are basic HTML with a few tags in place.
- phpBB is used by millions of people on a daily basis, making it the most widely used open-source bulletin board system in the world.
Whether you want to stay in touch with a small group of friends or are looking to set up a large multi-category board for a corporate website, phpBB has the features you need built in.
- SMF (Simple Machines Forum) in short is a free, professional grade software package that allows you to set up your own online community within minutes.
Its powerful custom made template engine puts you in full control of the lay-out of your message board and with our unique SSI – or Server Side Includes – function you can let your forum and your website interact with each other.
- Gallery is an open source web based photo album organizer.
Gallery gives you an intuitive way to blend photo management seamlessly into your own website whether you’re running a small personal site or a large community site. Serving millions worldwide, the Gallery project is the most widely used system of its kind.
- Coppermine is a multi-purpose fully-featured and integrated web picture gallery script written in PHP using GD or ImageMagick as image library with a MySQL backend.
CPG is so fully featured it’s not enough to fully list them.
- TinyWebGallery is a PHP based photo album / gallery that is very easy to install, extremely user friendly, does not need a database (uses xml files) but still has all the features you should expect and much more!
TinyWebGallery can be configured very fast for a professional gallery like a model agency but also for the pictures from the last ski holiday! Just check out the demos and the list of all functions.
- phpAlbum is an Open Source PHP script which allows you to create your personal Photo Album / Gallery in just a seconds.
All you need is a web space with FTP access. No database is needed. After a few clicks you are ready to upload your photos, create new directories /galleries, and use your photo album.
- LinPHA is an easy to use, multilingual, flexible photo/image archive/album/gallery written in PHP.
It uses a SQL database (MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQLite) to store information about your pictures. It comes with a HTML-based installer, so you don’t need experience in setting up SQL databases. Thumbnails are created as needed and stored in the SQL DB. It features complete user management, zip-album downloads, top ten statistics, hidden albums, web filemanager with upload capabilities, watermarks, printing, guestbook and much more.
- MediaWiki is a software wiki package written in PHP, originally for use on Wikipedia.
It is now used by several other projects of the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation and by many other wikis, including this website, the home of MediaWiki.
- phpWiki is a WikiWikiWeb.
A WikiWikiWeb is a web site where anyone can edit the pages through an HTML form. Linking is done automatically on the server side; all pages are stored in a database. This may sound rather simplistic, but a Wiki is a very unique way to collaborate on the Web.
- Dolphin is the world’s most advanced community software.
Open-source, independent, downloadable, scalable, customizable, full-featured software for building social networks, dating sites and web-communities. Loaded with video chat, recorder, video player, forums, groups, events, video messenger, mailbox, desktop app, video sharing, photo sharing, iPhone app and much more. Build your own business or advance your hobby with Dolphin.
- GPixPixel is a powerful million pixel script, based on the popular marketing concept.
Advanced settings include, among others, the ability to use interlaced images, temporarily take the site down for maintenance and put it back online when all changes are done, and enable/disable blog comments. Multiple payment modules available for pixel purchasing, including Authorize.Net, PayPal, NOCHEX, PSiGates, and others. More are being added all the time. PayPal IPN is fully supported, too.
- Collabtive is web-based project management software.
Collabtive is intended for small to medium-sized businesses and freelancers. Collabtive is cloud based groupware easy and efficient for your projects.
- Zen Cart truly is the art of e-commerce; free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software.
The ecommerce web site design program is being developed by group of like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and consultants that think ecommerce web design could be and should be done differently.
- Magento is an Open Source ecommerce web application launched on March 31, 2008.
It was created by Varien, building on components of the Zend Framework.
- osCommerce is an online shop e-commerce solution.
It offers a wide range of out-of-the-box features that allows online stores to be setup fairly quickly with ease.
- OpenCart is an open source PHP-based online shopping cart system.
A robust e-commerce solution for Internet merchants with the ability to create their own online business and participate in e-commerce at a minimal cost. OpenCart is designed feature rich, easy to use, search engine friendly and with a visually appealing interface.
- CubeCart is a fully featured ecommerce shopping cart solution used by over a million store owners around the world
- WHMCS is an all-in-one client management, billing and support solution for online businesses.
WHMCS handles everything from signup to termination, with automated billing, provisioning and management. With WHMCS, you’re in control with a very powerful business automation tool. You will need a License to install and run WHMCS.
- Avactis offers an extremely convenient set of tools to quickly launch an online business.
Avactis Shopping Cart is a software package that allows you to open an online store on the Internet. Compared to other similar software, Avactis offers a unique advantage of very simple integration of the online store into your existing site. For many similar systems, integration of an online store is a big problem that requires a lot of time and effort. Avactis eliminated this labor-intensive task by using special tags. As a result avactis can offer their customers a very convenient tool for the quick launch of an online business.
- osTicket is a widely-used open source support ticket system.
It seamlessly integrates inquiries created via email and web-based forms into a simple easy to use multi-user web interface. Easily manage, organize and archive all your support requests and responses in one place while providing your clients with accountability and responsiveness they deserve.
- phpSupport phpSupport is your customer friendly trouble ticket system.
With phpSupport you allow users to register to open trouble tickets and keep track of their tickets. phpSupport remains to be as easy and user friendly as it was the first day it was released.
- Smarty is a template engine for PHP, facilitating the separation of presentation (HTML/CSS) from application logic. This implies that PHP code is application logic, and is separated from the presentation.
- videoDB is a web application to manage a personal video collection.
Multiple video types are supported, ranging from VHS tapes and DVDs to Blu-ray discs and DivX files on hard-disc. Even video games are supported.
VideoDB allows you to effortlessly maintain and manage your collection by features fetching of movie data and covers from various information sourced, including Internet Movie Database (IMDB), Amazon, Allocine, DVDInside, DVDPlace, Google, OFDB, DVDB and tv.com. External data like cover images or actor thumbnails is locally cached in videoDB and readily available in your database.
- Arfooo is the most powerful open source directory script in the world.
The directory script includes many customizable features with a single click, studied and designed to satisfy the greatest number of webmasters worldwide. With its advanced features, Arfooo directory is not a simple link directory script. Arfooo Directory allows you to create directories without asking link (URL) in submission form. Therefore, you can create all types of directories (yellow pages, job, etc.).
- PHPWeby is a powerful and easy-to-use link management script with numerous options for running a directory, catalog of sites or a simple link exchange system.
Create a general directory and have users submit their favorite sites and charge if you want for the review. Or create regional directory for your town or state and sell advertising, or niche directory about a topic you love or know. Features include an integrated payment system with PayPal, link validation, SEO urls, unlimited categories and subcategories, reciprocal linking, link editor, template driven system compatible with phpLD templates and many more.
- PASTE is an open source pastebin forked from the original pastebin.com script.
It’s complete with a brand new design and features such as password protected pastes, archives, custom templates and much more still to come.
Was this article helpful?